We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Front-End Developer. Do you understand the importance of balance in design? Do you appreciate and understand the importance of UI and performance? If so, this may be the role for you. A senior web developer that will write code, help influence architecture decisions and really have the chance to shape our technology going forward.
This full-time position will report to our CTO and will work with our brands and international clients out of our Calgary head office. The company has opportunity for advancement with this position – we’re still small but growing quickly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Europe.
Things you should look at before answering this job posting:
- www.WineCollective.ca (us)
- www.CanadaCraftClub.ca (us)
- www.gwdb.io (us)
- www.henschke.com.au (a great client)
An ideal candidate:
- A intermediate developer experienced with building robust, scalable, highly-available web applications
- Is passionate about their craft and seeks to improve their skills both on and off the job.
- Believes that a great team can solve any problem and actively seeks to help others on the team whenever possible
- Has English language fluency with professional quality written and oral communication skills
- Delivers clean code in a robust-scalable manner
- Understands user experience and can talk to the importance of it within design
- 3+ years developing web-based applications
- Familiarity with APIs
- Familiarity with UX design patterns and Responsive design
- Strong reasoning and logic skills
- High degree of inter-personal communications ability
- Proficient in both written and oral English
- Experience working and contributing within a development team
Nice to have:
- Experience building and maintaining API’s, infrastructure automation tools
- Has worked with other web development technologies (Ruby, Django, Grails, ASP.NET MVC, etc.)
- Ecommerce experience with Shopify, WooCommerce or other platforms
Some of the technology we use:
- Ruby / Rails
- Amazon Web Services
- Docker, Git, and a host of great tools
- Competitive compensation.
- Supportive work environment; collaborate with a professional team that values work/life balance.
- Early access to an exciting technology company that’s aggressively growing its value – including company options & incentives. Get in on the ground floor.
skill testing quiz(PLEASE ANSWER THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER)
- What UI, Performance and SEO considerations do you make while building a web application or site?
- How would you optimize a website’s assets?
- What frameworks do you like and why?
- If you could master one technology in 2019, what would it be?
If you can answer these questions and fit the profile, please submit your resume/LinkedIn, Github/Portfolio and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.