We’re looking for a senior web designer to join our growing team here in Calgary. You will be working with various wine brands from around the world and potentially help shape some of our internal BlackSquare related products and materials. You’d be working at various (and potentially all) stages during the design process: R&D, Information Architecture, Wireframes, Flats, HTML and testing.
There is lots of opportunity for advancement with this position – we’re still small but growing quickly!
BlackSquare Inc. is an exciting tech start-up located in Calgary. We create experiences that modernizes the global wine & spirits industry. We’re currently operating in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and Hong Kong with lots of growth ahead. We are the perfect place for highly motivated, entrepreneurial people who want to help revolutionize an industry. We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and self-motivated developer to join our technical team.
This is a full-time position located at our offices in the Beltline, close to public transit.
An ideal candidate:
- 5+ years experience with building robust, scalable websites
- Understands the user experience of buying online
- Is passionate about their craft and seeks to improve their skills both on and off the job
- Believes that a great team can solve any problem and actively seeks to help others on the team whenever possible
- Has English language fluency with professional quality written and oral communication skills
- Is able to hit tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of colour theory
- Grid based design practices
- Strong UX
- Ability to measure success in your designs
- Strong reasoning and logic skills
- High degree of inter-personal communications ability
- Proficient in both written and oral English
- Enthusiasm and experience
Nice to have:
- Experience with HTML/PHP/WordPress
- Agency experience
Some of the technology we use:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Final Cut Pro X
- Ruby / Rails
- Several flavours of Linux
- Amazon Web Services
- Competitive compensation; compensation is dependent on experience and is negotiable
- Personal health spending account
- Awesome working environment in Calgary’s Beltline, close to restaurants and shops
- Opportunity to “get in on the ground floor” with an exciting technology company including enrollment in our options program
- Free to choose your own development environment
- Lots of wine to sample and expand your palate – we hold weekly tastings
If you fit the profile, please submit your resume/LinkedIn, Twitter handle and compensation expectations to email@example.com.