We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Technical Architect. You understand the nuances of software architecture and grock the hell of performance and automation. Ultimately being able to balance your efforts to the ROI to our company is critical to this role.
If you like high pace, startups, quick iteration, but have an eye towards building scalable applications then you should keep reading. We also hope you appreciate our candor and sense of humour. Lets get this job posting started.
This full-time position will report to our Chief Design Officer and will work with our brands and international clients out of our Calgary head office. The company has opportunity for advancement with this position – we’re still small but growing quickly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and Europe.
Things you should look at before answering this job posting:
- www.WineCollective.ca (us)
- www.CanadaCraftClub.ca (us)
- www.gwdb.io (us)
- www.henschke.com.au (a great client)
- A senior application architect and developer experienced with designing and building robust, scalable, highly-available web applications.
- Is passionate about their craft and seeks to improve their skills both on and off the job.
- Believes that a great team can solve any problem and actively seeks to help others on the team whenever possible.
- Has English language fluency with professional quality written and oral communication skills.
- Is able to hit tight deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Sense of humour and a solid meme/gif game.
- 10+ years architecting and developing line-of-business web based applications.
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails.
- Expert business analysis skills enabling the translation of business problems into technology solutions.
- Expert domain modelling and database design abilities.
- Deep knowledge of object-oriented design patterns.
- Experience with JSON API design and versioning.
- Strong reasoning and logic skills.
- High degree of inter-personal communications ability.
- Proficient in both written and oral English.
- Enthusiasm and experience writing automated testing.
- Experience designing and building e-commerce platforms.
- Familiarity with patterns appropriate to horizontally-scaled, distributed applications.
- Past experience with Linux systems administration and infrastructure automation.
- Ruby / Rails
- Ubuntu Linux
- Amazon Web Services
- Competitive salary.
- Supportive work environment; collaborate with a professional team that values work/life balance.
- Early access to an exciting technology company that’s aggressively growing its value – including company options & incentives.
If you fit the profile, please submit your resume and complete the following questionnaire in your cover letter along with your compensation expectations to email@example.com
SKILL TESTING QUIZ (PLEASE ANSWER THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER)
- What sort of questions would you ask before starting an new application?
- Give an example of a recent application you have built (explain timelines, team size, budgets).
- How do you measure results?
- What tools do you use? What is the most amazing tech you’ve recently worked with and can no longer live without?
- How do you ideate?
- How would you make this job posting more entertaining?
- Mountains or Beaches?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Mornings or Evenings?
- I can’t believe you got to bonus question 5, ask us a question.