Vice President – Operations
BlackSquare Inc. is an exciting, early growth stage technology company located in Calgary providing services to producers in the global alcoholic beverage industry. We take the hardest elements of direct to consumer ecommerce sales (logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automate them to allow producers of alcohol to focus on what they do best, making a great product for their consumers. This full time position is located at our offices in the Beltline, close to public transit.
BlackSquare is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Vice President – Operations to help us manage our high growth business. In the VP Operations position you will be a key member of the leadership team and will contribute heavily in the coordination and ongoing day-to-day business of the BlackSquare group of companies, including managing BlackSquare’s employees.
Reporting directly to the CEO and working with a number of other managers, you will provide management and direction to the operations, client services and sales teams in the area of operations, technology development, human resources, client services, and project management.
- Coordination and oversight of all operations in all geographies (North America, Europe, Australasia), as well as customer service from the start to the end of the sales cycle
- Developing and managing high performance personnel and teams with varied backgrounds. Collegial management style is preferred while ensuring that performance targets are met.
- Develops comprehensive operations plans and programs for all regions, consistent with market demands and long-term profitability.
- Researches, analyzes and recommends action based on financial, technological, and demographic factors of markets to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Ensures effective control of all operational and logistical elements of the BlackSquare business, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales and other non-sale performance objectives.
- Report to executive management
Key Responsibilities & Skills Required
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- MBA is a bonus but not required
- 10 to 15 years relevant professional experience with at least 10 years in an operations role with direct oversight and HR responsibilities required.
- HR mentoring capabilities is a requirement – previous experience dynamic managing teams is a must.
- Familiarity with latest operations management software and toolset
- Understanding of technology development lifecycles, and ability to pick-up new technologies quickly & easily. Preference given to candidates with a technology operations background.
- In addition to a full operations skill set, a successful candidate will have a financial mindset, constantly thinking about the internal and external levers which drive BlackSquare and provide focus on how to improve them.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of financial reporting metrics and ability to liaise directly with the finance team, as well as develop budgets and reports as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to recruit and motivate employees; while having oversight over operational projects.
- Encourage the process of developing our common company values, vision, and mission statement.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly. Self-starter when it comes to pursuing value-added analyses and projects from concept and ROI justification to implementation and management.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills, impeccable business judgment, and attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and compensation package including health care spending account, group RRSP enrolment and other perks
- Attractive share/options package to align the candidate with the future of BlackSquare
- Supportive work environment. Collaborate with a professional, global team that values work/life balance, including the ability to work remote when required.
Please apply with your LinkedIn and resume to email@example.com.SUBMIT RESUME