Location – Calgary
BlackSquare is focused on delivering world-class, innovative, design-focused websites and club fulfillment software solutions and we are looking for a super detail oriented person to help us deliver on the promise of flawless execution!
We are seeking a quality assurance analyst with 1-3 years of experience in software and/or website environments. You must be extremely detail oriented, able to spot the slightest inconsistency between a design file and executed website in layout, colour, font, and copy. You must be proficient in proofreading English, able to pick up on the spelling errors, grammar mistakes and typos. Ability to proofread in other languages in addition to English would be a big plus. You must have experience writing user stories, use cases, and test plans, and have expertise with both automated and manual testing tools and techniques.
You must have experience/understanding of:
- Some integration and load testing tools
Experience with any of the following would be an asset:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Browser Stack
- Ghost Inspector
Your passion is delivering flawless user experiences! Quality assurance is your chosen career path, in which you want to broaden your experience and share your knowledge with others. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
We’re fast moving and our product footprint is growing every day as we help those in the wine, spirits, and beer industry to rapidly grow their businesses.
- You must have 3+ years of experience with web development technologies such as HTML and CSS
- You must have experience with automated functional and visual regression testing tools
- You must have strong spelling and grammar skills
- You must have an eye for detail
- You are disciplined at your craft, accountable and a team player. We are a fast-moving agency that grows our product footprint every day
- You love collaboration and working in an open environment
- Work with our Development and Design teams in the QA and testing of our online strategies
- Work with technical leadership in the continual improvement of QA processes, tools and techniques
- Provide guidance and coaching to less experienced QA personnel
- Write user stories and test cases
- Create project test plans
- Write regression test scripts
- Run automated regression and load tests
- Visual QA to ensure implemented websites match design on all modern web browsers
- Manual functional testing to ensure correct functionality across all modern web browsers
- Proofreading website copy to find and correct spelling, grammar, and typos
- Review of designs to ensure adherence to brand and style guidelines
- Collaborate in an Agile environment with fast-paced iterations and frequent deployments
- Blacksquare is a rapidly growing company, with clients from all over the world
- Great team environment with a collaborative environment
- Casual office environment – you won’t see suits and ties here (unless we are feeling fancy)
- The opportunity to grow and help build our agency with our founders