BlackSquare Inc. is an exciting, technology start-up headquartered in Calgary, Canada. We create software that’s modernizing the global wine, beer and spirits industry. We take the hardest elements of wine ecommerce sales (compliance, logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automate them to allow wineries to focus on what they do best, making great wine.
We currently operate in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Asia and South Africa with lots of growth ahead. We’re looking for a Sales Director to draw even more of the worlds loved wine brands into our family at BlackSquare. It requires a highly creative individual, someone capable of understanding a broad range of clients and business drivers and marrying their needs to our solution offerings. We also need someone with serious ability to relate to and build relationships with senior decision makers. It’s also critical that you thrive working collaboratively and have a passion for solving problems.
This role is perfect for someone who’s had a series of sales successes in software or marketing technology and is looking to step out of the everyday business of moving widgets and into something more ambitious. This role will challenge you to take your sales, intellectual and creative game to the next level. The perfect place for highly motivated, entrepreneurial people who want to help revolutionize an industry.
This full time, partially commissioned sales position, is open in Calgary.
- Accountable for sales across all geographies with a focus on Canada, Australian, US and New Zealand in partnership with our team.
- Accountable for sales of BlackSquare Solutions including Blackboxx software, digital services and solutions and responsible for hitting KPIs around outside sales and new clients signed.
- Coordination of all sales from the start to the end of the sales cycle.
- Work with Managing Director on marketing and on overall strategies for new business development.
- Establish international strategic sales goals to meet corporate objectives and increase market share.
- Develop comprehensive sales plans and programs for geographies of focus based on 2018 plan.
- Accountable for marketing, set-up, travel arrangements etc for Innovate 360.
- Responsible for coordinating DTC Canada/ DTC Australia prospects and clients prior to handoff.
- Responsible for marketing the WineCollective business line to prospects and managing opportunities associated including package inclusions.
- Research, analyze and recommend action based on financial, technological, and demographic factors of international markets to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Ensure effective control of sales results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Reports to Managing Director.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
An Ideal Candidate
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related experience.
- 6-10 years’ professional experience with at least 5 years in a sales operations role.
- Knowledge of the wine industry is a major plus.
- Outstanding analytical skills, a strong understanding of marketing and the ability to deliver reporting that informs strategic decisions.
- Outstanding writing, editing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage sales funnel from start to finish.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize accordingly.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, impeccable business judgment, and attention to detail.
If you fit the profile, please submit your resume/LinkedIn, Twitter handle and compensation expectations to firstname.lastname@example.orgSUBMIT RESUME