Location: Calgary, Alberta
Why Join BlackSquare?
Our Calgary office is funky and cool. We’re located in the heart of downtown with great views of the mountains and access to every amenity you can imagine, and a stylish tasting room for sampling wine and beer and other cocktails. We have regular nights out on the town, many in-office lunch potlucks, and there’s usually at least one email thread floating around the office that’s composed entirely of animated gifs. We like comedy. If you want to learn about the modern world of direct to consumer sales, we’ve got you covered. We have 10 years of experience working with clients internationally.
At BlackSquare, we are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It’s that entrepreneurial attitude that underpins everything we do together.
If you’ve ever felt stifled in your job, like what you do doesn’t matter, BlackSquare is the perfect antidote.
We create software that’s modernizing the global wine, beer and spirits industry by taking the hardest elements of ecommerce sales (compliance, logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automating them to allow producers to focus on what they do best – making great alcoholic beverages.
This is a full-time position and will work out of our Calgary head office. We’re still small but growing rapidly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Asia.
BlackSquare Inc. is on the search for an Executive Assistant / Office Manager to join our growing team. This role requires a highly resourceful individual, someone capable of taking ownership of tasks, bringing a professional demeanour internally and externally and also a positive addition to drive and influence our culture.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Handle all day-to-day administrative issues for office
- Coordinate events for the office
- Coordinate seminars from visiting speakers and travel bookings
- Coordinate catering and logistics
- Liaise with staffing, hiring managers and candidates
- Coordinate complex interview schedules, manage all interview queries and handle pre, during and post interview logistics
- Greeting incoming arrivals and incoming calls to our support lines
- Other standard duties include note taking, email recap, gather agenda subjects
- Opportunities to support our client service teams in managing client queries
- Assist executive team with preparation of internal and external presentations and client proposals
- 5-10 years’ experience in an administrative support role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong attention to organization, attention to detail, prioritization, working efficiently and managing time
- Flexible team player, able to build positive working relationships that help everyone to achieve goals and business objectives
- Excel at providing a calming influence while dealing with diverse personalities focused on their own schedules and deadlines
- Must be comfortable in ambiguous and complex situations and be able to establish rapport quickly and adjust his/her behavior to consider the working styles and perspectives of others
- Ability to work under pressure, adaptable, and manage multiple priorities
We wanted to highlight the culture aspect of this role because we feel like building culture requires an enthusiasm and creativity that not all people possess. To that end, we want to hear specifically how you might navigate that part of the role, should you be hired. Accordingly:
SKILL TESTING QUIZ (PLEASE ANSWER THIS IN YOUR COVER LETTER)
1. What’s the BEST cultural team event you have ever attended at a place of work, and why?
2. What direct experience do you have planning team events?
3. What events might you plan for a group of 50 people with a small budget – weekly? Monthly? Annually?
We really want our Office Manager/ Executive Assistant to have a positive influence on the team’s day-to-day. Yes, the administrative skills are very important too, but we’re a creative team and we’re looking for a creative teammate. Are you the one?
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com with “Executive Assistant / Office Manager” in the subject line.