Location: Port Melbourne, Australia
We are looking to fill a full time position in our Port Melbourne office. The Import and Logistics Manager will be the point person coordinating inbound wine and outgoing customer orders. Working with our warehouse team locally, and procurement team in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, this role will be dynamic and be responsible for Australian daily operations.
You might be the perfect fit for this position if you have:
- Worked for a liquor agency in the logistics department (min 2 years)
- Strong relationships with wineries and import agencies
- Have working knowledge of liquor laws and regulations
You should also possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with, or ability to quickly learn new software platforms
- Intermediate experience with spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with client relations/management
- Positive nature, and be an inherent people pleaser
- Self-starter who takes initiative and ownership tasks
- Completed your WSET Level 2 or 3
This position is ideal for someone who enjoys challenges, can think on their toes, is keen to take initiative and solve problems, has amazing attention to detail, and is a rockstar team player and communicator.
Responsibilities include (but aren’t limited to):
- Coordinate shipping documentation for importation internationally and domestic
- Liaise with overseas offices on upcoming and scheduled shipments
- Support Customer Service Team
- Oversight of sales and daily operations
The ideal candidate will be an independent worker, reporting to the Procurement Manager and teams located internationally. This role requires basic wine knowledge, market analysis and understanding, and project management experience. This role is meant for someone who can juggle multiple responsibilities and deliverables while maintaining exceptional quality standards.
Essential, comprehensive working knowledge of the following software platforms:
- Google Suite and Drive
- Shopify, Big Commerce, Ship Station
Our Australian office is located in Port Melbourne, however the role requires flex hours to accommodate international team members and suppliers.
Beyond all, ability to present yourself and the company in a professional, but friendly and approachable manner. We are a growing company that operates at a fast pace. All team members must be able to improvise, take initiative, identify opportunities for improvement, create efficiency and have fun!