Why Join BlackSquare?
We’re a fast-paced but fun team. Our office is new, has great mountain views, and even includes a stylish tasting room for sampling wine, beer and other cocktails. We’re located just off Stephen Avenue, close to great restaurants, public transit and bike lanes. We have regular nights out on the town, many in-office lunch potlucks, fun team building events every quarter, and there’s usually at least one email thread floating around the office that’s composed entirely of animated gifs. Because comedy.
If you want to learn about the modern world of direct to consumer sales, we’ve got you covered. We have 10 years of experience working with clients internationally.
At BlackSquare, we are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It’s that entrepreneurial attitude that underpins everything we do together.
If you’ve ever felt stifled in your job, like what you do doesn’t matter, BlackSquare is the perfect antidote.
We create software that’s modernizing the global wine, beer and spirits industry by taking the hardest elements of ecommerce sales (compliance, logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automating them to allow producers to focus on what they do best – making great alcoholic beverages.
This is a full-time position and will work out of our Calgary head office. We’re still small but growing rapidly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Asia.
This role requires a highly resourceful individual, someone capable of understanding a broad range of accounting and tax challenges. In addition, due to our fast-paced growth, we’re also trying to automate many of our day-to-day accounting tasks. The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in and experience in implementing new technology and driving new processes.
Working with the Vice President, Finance, you will be responsible for:
- Completing of full cycle accounting for a portion of our group of companies, from recording transactions through to preparation of financial statements monthly, quarterly and annually
- Preparing and reviewing working papers and schedules to support monthly, quarterly and year-end reviews
- Preparing GST returns and ensuring timely payment
- Preparing working papers for the preparation of tax returns including liaising with tax authorities in multiple geographies to ensure statutory deadlines are met
- Assisting with treasury management, including cash flow forecasting
- Reviewing the processing of accounts payable, receivables and expense reports for your assigned entities
- Assisting with the drafting, implementing and enforcing of new accounting processes within the larger accounting/finance team and company-wide
- Analyzing and interpreting financial results and making recommendations on how to control costs
- Accounting Designation and 5+ years of similar experience
- Ensuring accurate, timely financial reporting
- Ensuring all tax compliance is filed and paid on time
- Working closely with the VP Finance to automate current processes where possible
- Proficiently working with Microsoft Office including excel pivot tables
- Proficiently working with Quickbooks Online
- Assisting with building and implementing financial models and plans for forecasting and financing initiatives
- Maintaining internal and external relationships
- Experience working at a start-up
- Experience in e-commerce and/or tech
- A passion for automation and ‘working smarter’
Submit a cover letter and resume with references to email@example.com if interested.SUBMIT RESUME