Location: Calgary, Alberta
Why Join BlackSquare?
Our Calgary office is funky and cool – we’re located in the heart of downtown with great views of the mountains and access to every amenity you can imagine, and a stylish tasting room for sampling wine and beer and other cocktails. We have regular nights out on the town, many in-office lunch potlucks, and there’s usually at least one email thread floating around the office that’s composed entirely of animated gifs (we like comedy). If you want to learn about the modern world of direct to consumer alcohol sales, we’ve got you covered. We have 10 years of experience working with clients internationally.
At BlackSquare, we are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It’s that entrepreneurial attitude that underpins everything we do together.
We create software that’s modernizing the global wine, beer and spirits industry by taking the hardest elements of e-commerce sales (compliance, logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automating them to allow producers to focus on what they do best – making great alcoholic beverages.
This is a full-time position and will work out of our Calgary head office with occasional travel. We’re still small but growing rapidly! We have clients across Canada, Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Asia.
BlackSquare Inc. is on the search for a Project Manager with a skill for client service to join our growing team. In this role you will assist senior management with prioritizing sales opportunities, provide guidance to our support and project staff and drive growth of our project management methodology and tools. This role requires a self starter with not only strong project management skills but also a natural ability to manage people and change.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Liaise with incoming sales opportunities to support management in prioritizing client projects.
- Lead four direct reports in areas of customer service and project management and provide ongoing guidance support and performance management .
- Work cross-functionally with project stakeholders to define the scope, deliverables and requirements of e-commerce projects resulting in detailed work plans.
- Determine and communicate the resources (time, budget, equipment, etc.) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Facilitate the execution of the project according to the project plan.
- Develop forms and records to document project activities, keeping all stakeholders updated.
- Monitor the progress of the project and adjust as necessary to ensure successful completion.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets organizational standards.
- Monitor project budget and track project costs; report project cost variances to project stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identify and communicate project related risks; Develop and present project risk contingency plans.
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase.
- Conduct formal project closure processes and communicate lessons learned to project stakeholders.
- 5+ years of project management related experience, e-commerce or digital marketing experience considered an asset.
- 3+ years in client service or business development role considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of project management processes and terminology, CAPM or PMP designation preferred but not required with equivalent experience.
- Expertise with project management software.
- Knowledge of CRM, SEO tactics, Google Analytics, and user experience software considered an asset.
- Ability to occasionally travel as required for key project events.
- Competitive compensation
- Health spending account
- RRSP matching program
- Employee stock ownership program
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com with Project Manager In the subject lineSUBMIT RESUME