Start date: Immediately
Hours: Full-time. Standard business hours; however, flex hours may be required to accommodate operations in different international time zones. This may include Sundays and evenings. Alternative scheduling will be dependent on demand and growth.
You might be the perfect fit for this position if you have:
- Worked for a liquor importation agency in a senior sales, or order desk role
- Completed your WSET Level 2 or higher
- Worked in liquor retail with an emphasis on premium wine sales, with experience managing Connect Logistics account
- Gained experience working at a winery and managed export sales
- Experience with liquor logistics
- Written wine reviews, blogs or other alcohol related content
You should also possess the following skills and abilities:
- Proficiency with, or ability to quickly learn new software platforms
- Spreadsheet wizard
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with client relations/management
- Positive nature, and be an inherent go-getter
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Knowledge of liquor laws and regulations
- Strong wine and/or beer knowledge and desire to continue wine/beer education
- ProServe Certification
This position is ideal for someone who has a passion for all things wine and craft beer. You should also be a relationship builder, inherent leader and communicator, and always looking for opportunities, growth and personal development. We are searching for someone who wants to meld their love for industry with a need for efficiency, process and optimization.
We are a dynamic, integrated and busy team, so being a team-player is an obvious requirement. Supporting your coworkers and working collaboratively is of the most importance, and essential for team success. We also hope that our new co-worker will be looking to have fun, socialize and be an uplifting and positive addition to our crew.
You will be tasked with hard deadlines, requiring optimal time management skills and ability to prioritize. From sourcing product, creating and maintaining communication with agencies, creating content and profiles, data entry, and overseeing the daily trials and tribulations of relying on third parties and transport, there is no shortage of challenges and opportunities.
Some of the responsibilities managed by this role include:
- Sourcing wine/beer to fit strict requirements
- Managing spend and forecasting purchases
- Completing paperwork for imported product
- Researching and following regulations
- Data entry of wine/beer
- Write product reviews and support of digital and printed content
- Managing client and producer communication and strategic partnerships
This role requires extreme attention to detail. You will work with the Procurement Manager to ensure that all product is held to our highest standards, and all deliverables are completed on time and accurately. Account management of clients and suppliers will require A+ customer service, organizational and communication skills.
Additionally, you can expect to contribute to warehouse and retail operations, there is no shortage of things to do – only apply if you love being challenged and despise boredom! From customer service, packing boxes, scheduling deliveries, working at the wine store, photography, and of course, wine and beer tasting.
It is essential to have a comprehensive working knowledge of the following software platforms, or be eager at learning: Basecamp, Lightspeed, Liquor Connect, Google Suite (sheets), and other ecommerce platforms like Big Commerce and Ship Station.
Beyond all, ability to present yourself and the company in a professional, but friendly and approachable manner. We are a growing company that operates on a fast-pace. All team members must be able to improvise, take initiative, identify opportunities for improvement, create efficiency and have fun!
Why Join BlackSquare?
Our Calgary office is funky and cool – we’re located in the heart of downtown with great views of the mountains and access to every amenity you can imagine, and a stylish tasting room for sampling wine and beer and other cocktails. We like to go out after work, and hold office lunch potlucks, and there’s usually at least one email thread floating around the office that’s composed entirely of animated gifs (we like comedy). If you want to learn about the modern world of direct to consumer alcohol sales, we’ve got you covered. We have 10 years of experience working with clients internationally.
At BlackSquare, we are a relentlessly resourceful group of people. Everyone in the company has the freedom to work independently, to solve problems and to get things done for our clients. It’s that entrepreneurial attitude that underpins everything we do together.
A bit more about us….
We create software that’s modernizing the global wine, beer and spirits industry by taking the hardest elements of e-commerce sales (compliance, logistics, purchase order analytics, consumer management) and automating them to allow producers to focus on what they do best – making great alcoholic beverages.
Interested? In addition to your resume, please submit a sample wine review of the last bottle you enjoyed. Please send your resume, salary expectations, earliest start date and wine review to firstname.lastname@example.org.