We’re looking for a full time, permanent Graphic Designer to join our team who is organized and ready to create outstanding visuals here at BlackSquare. Reporting to the Art Director, you will be working collaboratively with the Independent Brands team to design assets for web, social, and print for our independent wine and craft beer brands: WineCollective, Canada Craft Club, and Kwaf.
- Use our brand guidelines to create original pieces for print and web, including (but not limited to): website assets, logos, posters, ads, brochureware, merchandise, illustrations, infographics, etc.
- Modify existing previously created graphics with new/updated information.
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions with marketing/sales/operations department leads to develop ideas and portray concepts in order to improve our advertising of products and services.
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all of our marketing projects
- Communicate with Art Director and department/brand leads to ensure deadlines of projects are met.
- Execute all design work based on creative brief and instructions from the Art Director.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- 2-5 years of professional graphic design experience in a high volume company setting
- Proven understanding of UX strategy
- Solid design portfolio
- Advanced in using Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- 2+ years of experience in printing processes and pre-press
- Must have excellent visual design skills and attention to details
- Have exceptional organizational skills and multitasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Why join BlackSquare?
Our reach is global, with clients all over the world, but our home is in Calgary. We are a locally grown business that continues to expand from our startup beginnings to the global company we are now. With an office on bustling Stephen Ave in the heart of downtown, we have views of the mountains and access to all the amenities you could need. You can often find a Slack channel full of gifs breaking up the day and we have a beautiful tasting room for indulging in the occasional wine, beer, or spirits tasting. There’s always a fresh pot of Phil & Sebastian coffee brewing and we love a good patio session on those sacred warm days.
- Competitive salary
- Health spending account
- Supportive work environment; collaborate with a professional team that values work/life balance
- Early access to an exciting technology company that’s aggressively growing its value
In addition to your resume, please submit your portfolio to email@example.com and include:
- What is your favourite font?
- What are the most important elements in a design?
- What makes a good photo?
- What tools do you use?
- What is the most amazing tech you’ve recently worked with and can no longer live without?
- How do you spur up creativity when you hit a wall?